Training activities aim at fostering:
- The discussion of healthcare pathway-related themes
- The exchange of information between and amongst institutions
- The in-depth analysis of innovative research areas
The 2006/07 training programme includes:
- A residential course for Outpatient Clinic staff
- A course on palliative care in 2007
- A the regular organization of staff rounds
- A congresses
- Courses for new researchers and clinicians at the most important national and foreign institutions.
Patient presentation, followed by a public group discussion held within the Institute, is a tradition in the best teaching hospitals and clinical research centres in many areas of the world.
Considering its network structure, a regular activity of this kind has an added value for the Tumour Institute of Tuscany, because each single case may immediately benefit from the experience and knowledge of many specialists.
Staff rounds are also a practical instrument available to all Institute staff to play an active role and discuss specific problems.
If you are a member of the Institute staff, you may access the staff rounds schedule.
The Institute is also working to start collaboration with the Medical Oncology and Oncology Radiotherapy Specialty Schools in Tuscany.